Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Storytime: Far, Far Away

Wiggle Song: Wiggle Song

I wiggle my fingers. I wiggle my toes.
I wiggle my shoulders, and I wiggle my noes.
I wiggle with a jump. I wiggle with a run
I wiggle with a bump (sit down). And I wiggle till I'm done.
Now mo more wiggles are left in me.
So I will be still and quiet as can be.   
 

Hello Song: Let's All Go to Storytime

Let's all go to storytime (clap to song)
Storytime
Storytime
Let's all go to storytime
We'll have some fun today
Yay! (throw hands up in the air) 

Sing song three times: First very slowly, then at a normal pace, then very fast! 

Story Selections:






Story: Little Wing Learns to Fly by by Calista Brill

A very sweet story about a dragon not only learning to fly, but also the importance of learning to listen.  This had a good opportunity for recall as I asked the kids what the three rules of flying are.

Songs/Rhymes: Hurry, Hurry Drive the Fire Truck (from Jbrary)

Connection: Little Wing's mama breathes fire!  Also a good opportunity to discuss covering our mouths when we sneeze.  The story behind our song was Little Wing was learning to breath fire and keeps forgetting to cover his mouth for a sneeze!  His fire-y sneezes need a firefighter!

Hurry, hurry drive the fire truck, (hands on steering wheel) 
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck, 
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck, 
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. (ring bell) 

Hurry, hurry, turn the corner, (lean to the right) 
Hurry, hurry, turn the corner, (lean to the left) 
Hurry, hurry, turn the corner, 
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. (ring bell)

Hurry, hurry, climb the ladder….(climb the ladder) 

Hurry, hurry, spray the water hose  (wave arms side to side) 

Slowly, slowly, back to the fire station…. (lean slowly to the left and to the right)
 

Story: The Foggy Foggy Forest by Nick Sharrat


A guessing game of a picture book; kids see the silhouettes of creates and objects through the "fog" of the forest and can guess what is hiding.  Some hints may be in order, depending on the ages you have.


Closing Song: Tickle the Clouds



Craft: Castle Do-A-Dot Activity sheet

  • Pre-printed activity sheets
  • Do-A-Dot markers
  • Glitter glue
  • Coloring supplies

 

 

Sometimes the simplest things are the biggest hit.  Our storytimers love do-a-dot activities so I try to rotate it about once a month.  I could not locate a sheet I liked so I made my own by putting some dots on free clipart.  You can open and download it with the linked title.

No comments: